The questions below that state a print version of a resource is needed, the HCC Libraries or any public library should have these resources available for you to cite.
Respond to the following prompts and provide a complete list of the requested MLA citations. Each item is worth 5 (five) points, for an assignment total of 50 points. Please follow MLA guidelines in completing this assignment.
1. Cite a book that has both an author and an editor.
2. Cite a book with a title within the title.
3. Cite an article in a print journal.
4.Cite an article in a print newspaper.
5. Cite an article from a journal on the web.
6. Cite a post or comment on a social networking cite.
7. Cite a post or comment on a blog or discussion group.
8. Cite a television or radio interview.
9. Cite a sound recording.
10. Cite a personal interview.
Google Scholar searches academic publishers, professional societies and pre-print archives. Note: Access may be limited.
The list below will help you locate resources for this assignment:
One of the best online resources for helping with writing MLA style citations is your ENC1101 textbook, Composition & Grammar. Turn to page 399 to see many citation examples.