Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
HCC Libraries Search
Find books, articles, videos, & more
Finding Physical Books, DVDs, etc. in the Library
HCC Libraries Catalog search (above), is a one-stop search portal which can lead you to many materials. It is a big database of books in the libraries, as well as online sources such as eBooks, articles, videos, and more!
When you've found a physical book by using the Library Catalog search - to locate it on the shelf in the library, you'll need to know the following:
- The Title
- The Call Number
- The Location (Circulation, Reference, etc.)
- The Availability (available, checked out, etc.)
- Books, DVDs and other materials that can be checked out are located in the Circulation room (north side of the library).
- You'll need your HawkCard to check out library materials.
- Reference books (for in-library use only), such as encyclopedias, are in the Reference room (south side of the library).
While eBooks (online books) may come up in a general search of the Library Catalog, you can also search individual eBook databases to find online books that precisely match your topical search terms. In addition, you can browse by subject, as well as search within a subject.