Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search HCC Libraries Online Catalog
Find books, articles, videos, & more
Books about Hansberry
Selected books and ebooks about Lorraine Hansberry. EBOOKS are available online with a HCC Student ID. Please see Logging Into HCC Libraries Online for more information.
Literary Database Tips
Gale Literature Criticism
This database presents articles that include biographical information about authors. Type Hansberry, Lorraine and choose it from the pull down menu. Change Basic Search to Person-By or About. Check mark Full Text and click search.
Biography in Context
From the home page of this database:
- Choose Advanced Search
- In the Top Header, choose Person Search
- Type Lorraine Hansberry at the Name box
- Choose Search
Search Tips about an Author
The database called Gale Literary Sources can be used in several different ways. To find information about a particular author, use either the Person Search tool or type the author's name in the Person-By or About box. Make sure Full Text is checked and choose Search for your results. Use the tools on the right side of the results page to narrow results.
When needing to find articles on a specific author, try using this approach in Bloom's.
- On the home page, choose Browse from the Header and then choose Authors under Full Indexes.
- Results page defaults to Most Studied Authors.
- Choose All Authors from the Header.
- Type Hansberry in the search box.
- Choose Hansberry, Lorraine from the names that automatically populate as you type in your author's name.
Literary Reference Center
When searching for information about an author in the Literary Reference Center Plus database, try using the Browse Author feature.
1. Choose Browse Authors in the top header
2. Type Hansberry, Lorraine in the Browse for search box.
3. Choose Browse and open the results by choosing the author's name in the results list.