Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search HCC Libraries with Primo
Find books, articles, videos, & more
Books about Hansberry
Selected books and ebooks about Lorraine Hansberry. EBOOKS are available via a library database. You will need to be signed in to the HCC Libraries System for access. Please see Trouble Logging In? for more information.
The African-American Century by
Call Number: E185.96 .G38 2000
Publication Date: 2000-11-13
This title is available at the HCC Dale Mabry and Plant City campus libraries.
Lorraine Hansberry's A Raisin in the Sun by
Call Number: PS3515.A515 R3375 2009
Publication Date: 2009-01-01
This book is located in print at the HCC Plant City campus library and is also available as an Ebook. For Ebook access, choose the book title.
A raisin in the sun (visual/audio) by
Call Number: DVD Shelf, Streaming
Publication Date: 1999
The streaming access is through a library funded database service called SWANK.
Understanding a Raisin in the Sun by
Call Number: PS3515.A515 R335 1998
Publication Date: 1998-09-30
This book is available in print as well as e-Book. The print version is available in the HCC Brandon, Dale Mabry and Plant City campus libraries. To access the e-Book, click on the book title.
Literary Database Tips
Biography in Context
From the home page of this database:
- Choose Advanced Search
- In the Top Header, choose Person Search
- Type Lorraine Hansberry at the Name box
- Choose Search
Search Tips about an Author
The database called Literature (Gale) can be used in several different ways. To find information about a particular author, use either the Person Search tool or type the author's name in the Person-By or About box. Make sure Full Text is checked and choose Search for your results. Use the tools on the right side of the results page to narrow results.
When needing to find articles on a specific author, try using this approach in Bloom's.
- On the home page, choose Browse from the Header and then choose Authors under Full Indexes.
- Results page defaults to Most Studied Authors.
- Choose All Authors from the Header.
- Type Hansberry in the search box.
- Choose Hansberry, Lorraine from the names that automatically populate as you type in your author's name.
Literary Reference Center
When searching for information about an author in the Literary Reference Center Plus database, try using the Browse Author feature.
1. Choose Browse Authors in the top header
2. Type Hansberry, Lorraine in the Browse for search box.
3. Choose Browse and open the results by choosing the author's name in the results list.