Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
SSO Login and intro to PRIMO, the new library catalog
You can log in directly from the Library Catalog by clicking the Sign In link at the top right of the page.
You will also be prompted to log in while searching in the catalog.
A pop-up box will appear, Click SSO (Single Sign-On)
You may be prompted to enter a Username and Password. If so, enter your HCC email as your Username and your regular HCC password.
Introduction to PRIMO (00:03:42)
A short video introducing the library catalog PRIMO.
Logging in to library resources
There are multiple ways to log-in to HCC Libraries online resources depending on how you are linked to them:
- 1. Your username: first initial of first name, last name and any number assigned by the system. i.e. John Smith = jsmith27
- 2. Your default password: first initial of first name CAPITALIZED, first initial of last name (lowercase) followed by your 7-digit student number, e.g., Jsmith1234567
- 3. Library log-in with Net ID
- 1. In a Canvas course, click "HCC Libraries Online" from the leftnav or left navigation menu.
- 2. Click the "Launch HCC " button
- 3. You are logged into the Library Catalog Search (Note: use the tabs (Library Home, Databases, etc.) to access other library resources. (Click to see screenshots)
- 4. Library access though Canvas
- 1. Skip the OpenAthens login and instead search "Hillsborough" in the "Find your Institution" search box.
- 2. Use your NetID login as described above.
- 3. Find your Institution Login
Ways to access the HCC Libraries website:
How To Access HCC Libraries Online (2:24)
Why do you need it?
- Your Net ID is required to log onto to the HCC Network and to print from library computers. This is the same log on you would use to access your MyHCC (Canvas) classes.
- Go to https://netid.hccfl.edu/
- Follow the instructions to register your NET ID.
Logging in to the Library computers with your NetID:
- Your username: first initial of first name, last name and any number assigned by the system. i.e. John Smith = jsmith27
(You can retrieve your user name at NetID if necessary.)
- Your default password: first initial of first name CAPITALIZED, first initial of last name (lowercase) followed by your 7-digit student number, e.g., Js1234567