ENC 1102 Van Dyke
Film Analysis Research Paper
Overview: This paper will allow you an opportunity to analyze a film of your choice based on research from a specific school of literary criticism.
- 4-5 pages.
- MLA format including Works Cited page. Remember, the Works Cited page does not count toward the page requirement.
- Your paper must include research from at least 5 authoritative sources - your course text book may count as 1 source.
- With the exception of your course text, the other sources must all be from the HCC Library Database.
- The introductory paragraph should mention the title of the film, director, and year it was released in the first sentence. This should be followed by a brief plot summary that includes details specific to the paper's thesis statement, and the thesis should be the last sentence of the introductory paragraph. Be sure this paragraph is not more than 1/2 page.
- Do not use "block" quotes for support. A block quote is special formatting for any integrated support more than 4 lines.
- Feel free to use film dialogue as text support. It does not require a parenthetical citation.
- Adhere to conventions for writing about literature.