Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Law and Legal Resources
The information sources presented on this page will provide you with access to the topics of:
- Discuss the history of birth control, Griswold Vs. Connecticut and both sides of Roe Vs. Wade
- Furman Vs. Georgia and the re-enactment of the Death Penalty and its status in the last forty (40) years
- Changes in Immigration since 1965
- Drug enforcement legislation
- Legalization of pornography (Supreme Court rulings and spread such as in print, films, internet)
- Sensational crimes, events that caught public attention between 1900-1950
- Sensational crimes, events that caught public attention between 1950-Present
- Gun Control Laws
- Mafia connections to Tampa
- Modern corporate American (Halliburton, Enron, Tyco, Arthur Andersen, HealthSouth)
- Hispanic Rights Movement
- Modern Women's Rights Movement (since 1960)
- Gay Rights Movement
- Modern history of illegal substances in the US (cocaine, marijuana, meth, etc.) abuse rates, death rates, movements to legalize marijuana (arguments for and against)
Hover the mouse over the page title of Law/Legal Issues to access information on locating library resources in the forms of books (printed and e-book), online library databases for newspaper, magazine and journal articles and authoritative and vetted websites.
You need to be logged into HCC Libraries Online in order to access an eBook. Please see the Home Page of this LibGuide for log-in directions.