Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Logging in to library resources
There are multiple ways to log-in to HCC Libraries online resources depending on how you are linked to them:
- 1. Your username: first initial of first name, last name and any number assigned by the system. i.e. John Smith = jsmith27
- 2. Your default password: first initial of first name CAPITALIZED, first initial of last name (lowercase) followed by your 7-digit student number, e.g., Jsmith1234567
- 3. Library log-in with Net ID
- 1. In a Canvas course, click "HCC Libraries Online" from the leftnav or left navigation menu.
- 2. Click the "Launch HCC " button
- 3. You are logged into the Library Catalog Search (Note: use the tabs (Library Home, Databases, etc.) to access other library resources. (Click to see screenshots)
- 4. Library access though Canvas
- 1. Your "Borrower ID" is the 7-digit student ID# on your Hawk Card.
- 2. Input the last 4 digits of your ID# for the PIN. Looks like this.
- 3. Library log-in with Library Borrower ID
- 1. Skip the OpenAthens login and instead search "Hillsborough" in the "Find your Institution" search box.
- 2. Use your NetID login as described above.
- 3. Find your Institution Login
Ways to access the HCC Libraries website:
How To Access HCC Libraries Online (2:24)
If you do not know your HCC Student ID number,
- Look on your Hawk Card
- ask at the Library's circulation desk (have a photo ID)
- look on your registration statement
- HCC Live Help Desk
Why do you need it?
- Your Net ID is required to log onto to the HCC Network and to print from library computers. This is the same log on you would use to access your MyHCC (Canvas) classes.
- Go to https://netid.hccfl.edu/
- Follow the instructions to register your NET ID.
Logging in to the Library computers with your NetID:
- Your username: first initial of first name, last name and any number assigned by the system. i.e. John Smith = jsmith27
(You can retrieve your user name at NetID if necessary.)
- Your default password: first initial of first name CAPITALIZED, first initial of last name (lowercase) followed by your 7-digit student number, e.g., Js1234567