Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search PRIMO, the library catalog, for books and eBooks only
Find books, articles, videos, & more
Introduction to PRIMO (00:03:42)
A short video introducing the library catalog, Primo.
Finding print books in the library
To Find a book in the library using the Library Catalog (HCC Libraries Search):
- You need the Call Number
- Check the Location (Circulation, Reference, etc.)
- Check the availability (available, checked out, etc.)
Here is a step-by-step document to help you find a print book in the library. If you can't find what you need, ask for help.
If you need a book for your research that we don't have at your campus library, you can request it. Here are instructions.
How to search PRIMO for books and eBooks only
To narrow down results to books or eBooks (no articles, videos or other media), one method you can use is as follows:
- Enter your keywords in the Search box, and click to search.
- Sign in, choosing "SSO" (single sign-on), and follow the prompts for your HCC credentials.
- Select Advanced Search.
- Change "Material Type" to Books.
- Results may include both physical books and eBooks.
- If you want to view books and eBooks separately, use the "Availability" filters..
- Depending on your device, the filter menu appears to the left of the results, or when the filter icon
at the top is selected.
- eBooks owned by HCC will display at all campus libraries
- eBooks are designated "Available Online."
- To access an eBook, click the title, then choose an option under "View Online."
- Physical books will vary by campus
- If a physical book that you want is at another library and you want it sent to your campus library:
- Click the title.
- Click "Request", and follow the prompts to send your request.
Need help? Ask a librarian.