What is an argumentative essay?
Everyone has their own method of conducting academic research. Here are a few tips that I think are useful for conducting an effective search.
1. Read over your assignment instructions carefully. Start your assignment early, leaving plenty of time to do research, write and rewrite the essay.
2. Visit the library and librarian. They are here to help you! Library hours are Monday-Thursday, 7:30 to 8:00, Friday 8:00-3:30 and Saturday, 8:00-2:00..
3. Find an encyclopedia article to get a better understanding of your topic. You can follow up with newspaper, magazine and journal articles from links in the Encylopedia article.
4. You may also search for articles about your topic using the Infotrac Student Edition database.
5. Opposing Viewpoints database is also a good source of articles.
6. Read over your research materials. Take notes.