Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the guide for Dr. Mellan's Sociology Class. This guide has the required information needed to complete your journal article analysis paper. Click on the tabs above to find information about your assignment and the resources available at the library.
Additional Log-In Methods
There are multiple ways to log-in to HCC Libraries online resources depending on how you are linked to them:
- 1. Your username: first initial of first name, last name, and any number assigned by the system. i.e. John Smith = jsmith27 plus @hawkmail.hccfl.edu
- 2. Your default password: first initial of first name CAPITALIZED, first initial of last name (lowercase) followed by your 7-digit student number, e.g., Jsmith1234567
- 3. Library sign in with Net ID
- 1. In a Canvas course, click "HCC Libraries Online" from the leftnav or left navigation menu.
- 2. Click the "Launch HCC " button
- 3. You are logged into the Library Catalog Search (Note: use the tabs (Library Home, Databases, etc.) to access other library resources. (Click to see screenshots)
- 4. Library access though Canvas
- 1. Skip the OpenAthens login and instead search "Hillsborough" in the "Find your Institution" search box.
- 2. Use your NetID login as described above.
- 3. Find your Institution Login
Ways to access the HCC Libraries website:
How To Access HCC Libraries Online (3:57)
Library Login and intro to PRIMO, the new library catalog
Log in by clicking the Sign In link at the top right of the page.
You will also be prompted to log in while searching in the catalog.
A pop-up box will appear, Click NetID
You may be prompted to enter a Username and Password. If so, enter your HCC email as your Username and your regular HCC password.
Introduction to PRIMO (00:03:42)
A short video introducing the library catalog PRIMO.