25 Tips to Help You Survive and Thrive in Your Freshman Year
1. Go to all orientations.
2. Get to know your peers and others on your campus.
3. Get organized.
4. Find the ideal place for you to study.
5. Go to class and participate.
6. Become an expert on course requirements and due dates.
7. Meet with your professors.
8. Get to know your academic adviser.
9. Seek a balance.
10. Get involved on campus.
11. Strive for good grades.
12. Take advantage of the study resources on campus.
13. Make time for you.
14. Don't feel pressured to make a hasty decision about a career or a major.
15. Take responsibility for yourself and your actions.
16. Make connections with students in your classes.
17. Find the Career Services office.
18. Don't procrastinate; prioritize your life.
19. Stay healthy/eat right.
20. Learn to cope with homesickness.
21. Stay on campus as much as possible.
22. Seek professional help when you need it.
23. Keep track of your money.
24. Don't cut corners.
25. Be prepared to feel overwhelmed.