Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Using this guide
This guide has been created to assist you when working on assignments for AML 2600 - Introduction to African American Literature with Dr. Freeman.
For many of your assignments you should use information from books, articles and more -- here you will find tips to guide you in finding information in each of these resources. Each of the tipsheets is available by clicking the colored tabs above.
If you have any problems or questions - please feel free to contact me for additional help.
--Karen Dufraine, MLIS, Plant City Campus Librarian
Additional Login Methods
There are multiple ways to log-in to HCC Libraries online resources depending on how you are linked to them:
- 1. Your username: first initial of first name, last name and any number assigned by the system. i.e. John Smith = jsmith27
- 2. Your default password: first initial of first name CAPITALIZED, first initial of last name (lowercase) followed by your 7-digit student number, e.g., Jsmith1234567
- 3. Library log-in with Net ID
- 1. In a Canvas course, click "HCC Libraries Online" from the leftnav or left navigation menu.
- 2. Click the "Launch HCC " button
- 3. You are logged into the Library Catalog Search (Note: use the tabs (Library Home, Databases, etc.) to access other library resources. (Click to see screenshots)
- 4. Library access though Canvas
- 1. Skip the OpenAthens login and instead search "Hillsborough" in the "Find your Institution" search box.
- 2. Use your NetID login as described above.
- 3. Find your Institution Login
Ways to access the HCC Libraries website:
How To Access HCC Libraries Online (2:24)