You can find tons of information online, but how do you know if it is any good?
- Who is the author and what are their credentials?
- Is contact information listed?
- What does the URL reveal about the source? (.edu, .gov, .org, etc...)
- Is the info related to your topic/question?
- Who is the intended audience? (Academic/General public/Other)
- Can you find better info in another source?
- When was it published or posted?
- Has it been updated recently?
- Are the links functional?
- Did they cite their sources?
- Where did the information come from?
- Is the information free of typos?
- Is the purpose of the information to inform, sell, persuade, teach?
- What are the biases?
- Is the informational content easily distinguised from the advertising content?