Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How to log-in to article databases
There are multiple ways to log-in to HCC Libraries online resources depending on how you are linked to them:
- 1. Your username: first initial of first name, last name and any number assigned by the system. i.e. John Smith = jsmith27
- 2. Your default password: first initial of first name CAPITALIZED, first initial of last name (lowercase) followed by your 7-digit student number, e.g., Jsmith1234567
- 3. Library log-in with Net ID
- 1. In a Canvas course, click "HCC Libraries Online" from the leftnav or left navigation menu.
- 2. Click the "Launch HCC " button
- 3. You are logged into the Library Catalog Search (Note: use the tabs (Library Home, Databases, etc.) to access other library resources. (Click to see screenshots)
- 4. Library access though Canvas
- 1. Your "Borrower ID" is the 7-digit student ID# on your Hawk Card.
- 2. Input the last 4 digits of your ID# for the PIN. Looks like this.
- 3. Library log-in with Library Borrower ID
- 1. Skip the OpenAthens login and instead search "Hillsborough" in the "Find your Institution" search box.
- 2. Use your NetID login as described above.
- 3. Find your Institution Login
Ways to access the HCC Libraries website:
How To Access HCC Libraries Online (2:24)
Click the links for databases in each category and pay attention to the the best bets for your research. Click the links to be taken directly to the database.
You may also want to check out our A-Z Databases list. You can filter the list by by database subject and type.
Some helpful areas might be:
- Social Sciences