Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the research guide created for students in American History with Professor Williamson!
This guide contains tips, resources, and other tools that might be helpful when conducting research for your history assignments.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, please contact me.
Additional Log-In Methods
There are multiple ways to log-in to HCC Libraries online resources depending on how you are linked to them:
- 1. Your username: first initial of first name, last name, and any number assigned by the system. i.e. John Smith = jsmith27 plus @hawkmail.hccfl.edu
- 2. Your default password: first initial of first name CAPITALIZED, first initial of last name (lowercase) followed by your 7-digit student number, e.g., Jsmith1234567
- 3. Library sign in with Net ID
- 1. In a Canvas course, click "HCC Libraries Online" from the leftnav or left navigation menu.
- 2. Click the "Launch HCC " button
- 3. You are logged into the Library Catalog Search (Note: use the tabs (Library Home, Databases, etc.) to access other library resources. (Click to see screenshots)
- 4. Library access though Canvas
- 1. Skip the OpenAthens login and instead search "Hillsborough" in the "Find your Institution" search box.
- 2. Use your NetID login as described above.
- 3. Find your Institution Login
Ways to access the HCC Libraries website:
How To Access HCC Libraries Online (3:57)