Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Go Live without a net
Why go Live?
- Equitable access. Why should the distance learner get inferior service?
- The technology is finally here and practical. It doesn't have to be a big production.
- Students will think you are awesome, teaching faculty will be jealous of your skills.
- Flex your creative muscles. It can be fun. It can also be a pain in the butt.
Behind the curtain (and in front)
You can record it!
- Things will go wrong
- Don't be too ambitious with your initial sessions
- Trial runs
- The "optional" session
End User Req's for Adobe Connect
- Basically just Adobe Flash 10
- Browsers: IE, Firefox, Chrome
- Tech Specs
- "No one wants to see my face!"
- Audio only option
- "I hate hearing my recorded voice!"
- Canned video/audio. You write the script, outsource the performance
- Learning curve
- comfort with technology
- takes time to reach comfort level
- Practice with colleagues & staff
- All about the benjamins
- My dept/institution can't/won't pay for this
- Explore the free options
- Determine minimal level of service and build from there