Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How well are we doing at HCC Libraries?
Not very well! A look at the numbers:
- For 2010-11 there were 10,852 unduplicated distance learning students taking a total of
- 835 DL sections offered at the college across campuses
What had we been doing to support DL students and their library research needs?
- Not sure???
- I thought you were doing it
- Ask-a-librarian has them covered.
- They'll be fine. They have Google.
- Out of sight, out of mind
Data from 2011 HCC Factbook
Challenges to overcome
Library Instruction for Distance Learners? Are you kidding me?
- We don't have the time
- We don't have the money
- We don't have the technical know-how
- We don't have the faculty buy-in
These are all surmountable. Individually, or as a team/department.
Next Page -->