Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search HCC Libraries with Primo
Find books, articles, videos, & more
HCC Libraries Online Catalog
How do I find resources at the library?
The HCC Libraries Online Catalog is a search engine providing access to credible sources in a variety of formats: books, streaming videos, DVDs, journal, newspaper, magazine articles. Begin your research in the Library Catalog keyword search box.
Library Catalog. Once you have the catalog open, follow some simple steps to locate library resources for your research needs.
Type in your keyword, for example, "college students" AND success.
Narrow your search results, if needed, by using the Filter Your Results section. For example:
- Choose your library - campus location (Dale Mabry, Plant City, etc.)
- Resource Type - are you looking for a book, an article, a streaming video?
- Subject - other possible search terms that fit your research needs
Key Features of the HCC Libraries Online Catalog
The Top Header row on the HCC Libraries online catalog are live links helping you navigate through the HCC Libraries system.
QR Code Feature
A QR Code is built into each catalog search - scan the code from a computer screen on your mobile device and the catalog search results populate on your mobile device. The QR Code also let's you build a link to your search result page to share.
Your Library Card
The pull down menu option by your name after you are signed-in to the HCC Libraries online system let's you review your library card or library account information such as library materials you have checked out, library materials you have requested for pick up, any fines associated with your library account.
If you have questions regarding anything you see on your library account, please do not hesitate to contact an HCC Library.
When HCC Libraries has access to an e-book version of a book title, you will see a View Online section pictured below. To open the e-book choose the link that is circled.
Online Library Catalog Video Tutorial
The video below will introduce you to the HCC Libraries Online system and includes;
- How to log-in through Canvas
- How to perform a keyword search
- How to navigate the results
- How to access resources found through the library catalog
NOTE: If you are prompted to sign-in use your:
- HCC NET ID
- HCC NET ID Password
HCC Online Catalog Search
Keep in mind
- Work from the general to the specific.
- Stay organized to save time and frustration.
- Keep track of what you find and where you found it.
- Better to gather more sources than you'll actually end up citing.
- Notice what's on the screen! Read it!
- Library search engines and databases include useful tools, such as:
- Citation, email, saving, printing, translation, and more..
- Library search engines and databases provide multiple ways to filter your results, such as:
- By format, subject, date range of publication, peer-reviewed articles, and more.
- Need help? Ask a librarian.